Gallery Art Technician
70 K + per annum
31 December 2023 at 00:00:00
Galerie Gmurzynska is a commercial art gallery based in Zürich, Switzerland, specializing in modern and contemporary art.
We are looking to employ an Art Technician with a permanent contract subject to negotiation on a 100% basis with immediate effect.
Applicants should meet as many of the following requirements as possible:
• Proficient in English and German. If not German speaking then a willingness to learn is expected
• Multiple years working in a similar position for a private collection, museum or commercial gallery etc.
• Ability to switch between desk based and manual work
• Full driving license
• Experience making condition reports for art objects
• Experience with a range of material and technical processes e.g. crate building, framing, painting, wall building, conservation
• Experience working with art database programs
• Experience working to the highest standards with high value art objects in high pressure situations
• Experience working at international art fairs
• Comfortable working together with clients in domestic settings
• Willingness to live in Zürich and travel internationally to work on various projects and fairs
• Ability to work as part of a large dynamic team and individually on own initiative
Statements of interest to be sent to: